PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our websites www.siteconnect.diversityandselection.com and www.myibdstudy.com (our sites)
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
Acceptable Use Policy
Who we are and how to contact us
www.myibdstudy.com is a site operated by Neonstone Limited.("We"). We are registered in the United Kingdom under company number 07001987 and have our registered office at Unit 5D, Langley Business Centre, Station Road, Langley, Berkshire. SL3 8DS. United Kingdom. We are a limited company. To contact us, please email DPO email address
By using our site, you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Acceptable Use Policy which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 12-Jul-2018. In the event that we make any change to the terms, we will post the revised terms side by side with the existing terms on our website seven days in advance of the new terms’ going into effect, together with an explanation of why we are changing the terms and when the revised terms will go into effect. This information will be posted on the landing page of our website or on a webpage that links to the landing page. If the change is disadvantageous to you, we will post this information at least 30 days in advance of the change, and also separately notify you through an electronic means, such as e-mail, an e-message or a consent window that pops up at the time you log in. At the time of providing this information, we may inform you that you will be deemed to have consented to the revised terms unless you notify us that you do not consent. If you do not notify us that you do not consent by the effective date of the revised terms, you will be deemed as having consented to those revised terms.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time. If a major change is made we will inform you here, by email or by a notice placed on the site’s homepage.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
Our site is directed to people residing in these locations: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT02914522?term=NCT02914522&rank=1&show_locs=Y#locn. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
In order to access and use our site, you may need to login with a username (and/or email address), password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures (“User Details”). You must treat User Details as confidential. You must not disclose User Details to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your User Details, you must promptly notify us with your record locator number at email@example.com. You can find your record locator number from your doctor’s office confirmation email.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use in connection with this clinical study.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors (at each party’s complete discretion).
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
As a reference, the following link contains a list of the research sites: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT02914522?term=NCT02914522&rank=1&show_&locs=Y#locn We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site regarding the clinical study. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users, please contact us with your record locator number at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to the extent necessary for providing services through this website. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable licence to use, distribute, reproduce, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such material (in whole or in part). You may request us to delete such content or make it non-public at any time.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will make such disclosures in compliance with relevant legal requirements.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm anyone in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- You are responsible for arranging the necessary internet connection for you to have access to our site.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“Contribution”).
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
With respect to any and all information of a confidential nature which appears or which you provide on our site (whether or not marked as such) including but not limited to any and all information relating to our compounds or targets, business and financial information, software, know-how, ideas and methods and techniques used by us in our business or related to this Diversity & Selection clinical study (“Confidential Information”), you agree to keep the same confidential and not to disclose the Confidential Information to any third party except with our express written consent. Further information regarding the treatment of the Confidential Information can be found in the agreement between Gilead Sciences, Inc. and you and/or your site regarding the study.
Breach of this acceptable use policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Our trademarks are registered
www.siteconnect.diversityandselection.com and www.myibdstudy.com are UK registered trademarks of Neonstone. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site